ELT Career and Professional Development Conference:
ECAP (ELT Career and Professional Development Conference) 2011
Date: Sunday, May 29th, 2011 Time: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Keynote speakers include Marcos Benevides and Noriko Ishihara
The ELT Career and Professional Development Conference (ECAP) caters to teachers from an array of different experience levels and teaching situations. The day is divided into three sections. The first two sections each contain a keynote address and the choice of four workshops. The keynote address introduces a broad topic, followed up by the four concurrently run workshops (one in Japanese) on themes related to the keynote. This year, the third section of the conference will be a panel discussion and we have assembled an experienced panel of experts to reflect on the potential career options English teachers have.
Approaches and Assessment: Moving Beyond the Grammar Syllabus
Helping Students Use Language Effectively: Teaching pragmatics and discourse
Now I'm a Teacher, My Choices Ahead
Panelists: Caroline Pover, Chantal Hemmi, Chuck Sandy, William Snyder, Keiko Suzuki
There is a complete schedule of all presentations on the ECAP 2011 web page.
The deadline for pre-registration is 17:00 on Friday, May 27th. To reserve a place, please call, fax or email the Cambridge University Press Japan office with your first choice of each workshop.
Organization: ELT Career and Professional Development Conference
Cost: Pre-registration 2,500 yen; On-site 3,500 yen
Venue: The Kenkyusha Eigo Centre Building, Iidabashi, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ELT Career and Professional Development Conference
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3518-8272