Five Fabulous Favorites and The Power of Puzzles
Date: Sunday, May 29th, 2011 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Alan Miesch
Five Fabulous Favorites: Five teaching tools that rank high among those the presenter has found most engaging and effective in his own teaching. A wide range of student profiles and student needs are addressed.
The Power of Puzzles: Language is a puzzle. Vocabulary are the pieces of the puzzle, and grammar is the how those pieces fit together. Rather than spoon-feed everything to our students, we can give them language puzzles that are engaging, even compelling. In solving the puzzles, students not only learn the target, but develop the puzzle solving skills that will make them better language learners.
Registration will begin from 1:30 pm. Please check the ETJ Saitama website for further details.
Organization: ETJ Saitama (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Saitama)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Sakuragi Kominkan, Shiino Omiya Center Plaza 5F, 1-10-18, Sakuragi-cho O
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Saitama
Email QR Code: