Dr. John Read: Beyond Knowing Words: Assessing the Quality of Vocabulary Knowledge
Date: Friday, May 20th, 2011 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: John Read, of Univ. of Auckland, NZ, author of Assessing Vocabulary
Osaka JALT is proud to sponsor a talk by Dr. John Read of The University of Auckland, passing through on his way to give the plenary speech at the JALT Pan-SIG conference in Nagano. Dr. Read is author of Assessing Vocabulary, published by Cambridge University Press in 2000.
All proceeds will be donated to Tohoku disaster relief via Save the Children Japan. For more information, please check the Osaka JALT website.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Umeda Lifelong Learning Center, Room 3, Osaka Dai-2 Bldg. 5F, 1-2-2-500 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-0001 Tel. no. 06-6345-5020
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: