Nakasendo English Conference:
Nakasendo 2011: The Road Less Traveled
Date: Sunday, June 19th, 2011 Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Steven Herder, Makiko Tanaka, and others
The theme for the 2011 conference is The Road Less Traveled. It examines previously little-explored and less conventional directions in ELT instruction and research across the board, and the changing scene of ELT, similarly across the board. The Internet, both in its so-called original and Web 2.0 forms, the introduction of mandatory L2 English instruction into elementary school curricula from April 2011, and the introduction of English as a corporate language within companies engaged in business over a number of Japanese industries and markets are all, as a piece, exerting a profound impact on the shape and direction of ELT instruction and learning throughout the country. The Road Less Traveled shall spotlight new trends, approaches, explorations and reflections on the changing dynamic of our field. For more information, see nakasendoconference.com.
Call for Presentations:
The deadline for submissions are:
May 10, 2011 for materials swap / poster presentations;
May 20, 2011 (for student presentations)
Organization: Nakasendo English Conference
Cost: 1000-1500 yen, free for students
Venue: Dokkyo Junior and Senior High School, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nakasendo English Conference
Email QR Code: