Testing times: Ensuring success
Date: Saturday, June 11th, 2011 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Michael Philips
This multifaceted presentation will begin with a brief theoretical review of the major types and functions of language assessments, as well as fundamental criteria and desirable properties of good tests. Practical advice regarding easy mistakes and critical things to avoid in constructing, mediating, and applying test items will also be given. It will detour into the interesting field of automated scoring of speaking and writing tests (both English and Japanese) and examine the latest trends.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: International Conference Center, 3F, Kokura
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: