What do English teachers need to know about English?
Date: Saturday, June 18th, 2011 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: David Barker (BTB Press)
This presentation will focus on what teachers need to know about the "EL" part of the "ELT" equation. David Barker will argue that English teachers who wish to be regarded as professionals need to have a sound knowledge of how the language works. He will look at topics such as punctuation, grammar, and style that can cause problems for English teachers of all nationalities, and he will present ideas and suggestions for teachers who wish to develop their knowledge of the mechanics of the English language.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Okayama University, General Education Building Room C31
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: