CEFR and Language Portfolio:
Purposes and Approaches to Foreign Language Education: Universalism or Particularism?
Date: Tuesday, June 28th, 2011 Time: 6:45 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Mike Byram
The main focus of this talk will be whether language teaching can be 'universal ' or has to be 'particularistic,' i.e., with the purposes and aims/objectives specific to each country. This will lead onto dealing with the model of intercultural communicative competence (Byram, 1997). The talk will be followed by a question and answer section.
This talk is supported by the Framework and Language Portfolio (FLP) SIG, East Shikoku JALT Chapter and Osaka JALT Chapter, in cooperation with Osaka University Research Institute for World Languages.
Registration by email (email@example.com) is necessary (if possible by June 14th). For more information, see the webpages in Japanese or in English, or bilingually. This event is co-sponsored by Osaka JALT.
Organization: CEFR and Language Portfolio Special Interest Group of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (CEFR and Language Portfolio)
Cost: JALT Members: free for JALT members and members of other supporting groups
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: 5th floor, Osaka Ekimae Building 2, Osaka Municipal Lifelong Learning Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact CEFR and Language Portfolio
Email QR Code: