Using Photocopiable Materials to Improve Speaking Fluency
Date: Sunday, June 12th, 2011 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Terry Yearly
Although photocopiable worksheets are very cheap and easy to use, they don't seem to be popular with teachers. Using my own examples, I will first show how photocopiable worksheets can be developed far beyond their publishers' descriptions. Then attendees will examine some worksheets and brainstorm ideas for expanding their use. Finally, we will discuss our ideas.
Bio: Terry has been teaching EFL for ten years. He currently teaches at an exam prep school, a high school, and a university in Tokyo. He is also an MA TESOL candidate at Teachers College Columbia, the Programme Chair for Yokohama JALT, and the Coordinator for ETJ Tokyo.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Sakuragi Kominkan 5th floor, Shiino Omiya Center Plaza 1-10-18 Sakuragicho, Omiya Saitama 330-0854
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: