Reading: Teaching methods and materials for kids and adults.
Date: Saturday, July 16th, 2011 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: ETJ Fukuoka Committee
An in-depth look at what it means to "read" will affect our approach to teaching. Join an exploration of reading while sharing ideas with teachers from a variety of backgrounds. How can we best develop skills and ultimately inspire a love of reading in our students? Topics include the following and more:
* What is "reading"?
* What's the purpose of reading?
* Choosing appropriate books
* Reading games, activities, and other materials
* Teaching techniques
* Making the most of reading in class and for homework
Teachers of all ages and situations are welcome! Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the meeting! It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community!
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership is free at the door)
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin University Community Center (see map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: