Improve Memory and Learning: 5 Powerful Teaching Techniques for EFL
Date: Sunday, July 17th, 2011 Time: 1:15 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Robert Murphy
What can teachers do to dramatically enhance student memory and learning in the EFL classroom? Five easy steps will be provided for teachers to take home and put on their classroom walls. This session will discuss and explore provocative new discoveries in brain research and learning. The content, stemming from the presenter's research at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, is cutting-edge yet highly practical. Plenty of powerful take-home activities for your EFL classroom make your life easier, and your students happier with techniques from this neuro-'logical ' workshop. There will be a good balance between theory and practical applications -some fun "hands-on" too!
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Kannai Hall, close to JR Kannai on the Negishi line
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: