The Internet and Your Upper-Grade Elementary School Students
Date: Sunday, July 24th, 2011 Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Speaker: Carl Zeman
Carl Zeman discusses his motivated 4th - 6th grade students who are hungry for reading and listening activities. Even if suitable materials were available, a small school owner can't afford to invest in enough CDs and books to keep them going. Fortunately there are some internet-based solutions which won't break the bank, and which will help students improve skills while providing the teacher with a measure of assessment and feedback. There are a few things to beware of.
Organization: ETJ Hiroshima (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Hiroshima)
Cost: 500 yen
Venue: Hiroshima Seishonen Center, Motomachi 5-61
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Hiroshima
Email QR Code: