1) Ethical ELT; 2) Popular Songs, Active Neurons, and High-frequency Vocabulary
Date: Saturday, October 15th, 2011 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Maggie Lieb (Meiji University)
There are two presentations today, both by Maggie Lieb of Meiji University.
1) Ethical ELT
In keeping with many professions that have ethical codes to guide their practice, this presentation will explore how to incorporate ethics into ELT and ensure our profession contributes to intercultural understanding and tolerance.
2) Popular Songs, Active Neurons, and High-frequency Vocabulary
The second session will explore the use of popular songs to teach high-frequency vocabulary. Citing evidence from neuroscience of the ability of music to stimulate the brain, the presenter will discuss advantages and pedagogical implementation.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Tenjinyama Bunka Plaza
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: