Singing in the EFL Classroom
Date: Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Robin Somers Eve
The lecture is divided in two parts, theory and practice. The first part introduces some theoretical aspects showing relations between rhythm in language and rhythm in music. This part may introduce linguistic concepts that may be of interest to all EFL teaching, beyond singing in class. The second part is more practical, discussing the whys and hows of using songs in the ELT classroom. Both popular songs and songs specially written for EFL by Robin Eve will be introduced, discussed and also may be sung.
Prior to coming to Japan with his M.A in Second Language Learning and Teaching degree, Robin was a music teacher for secondary schools in the U.K. Currently, he is a lecturer at the University of Hyogo. Robin won the 2010 first prize for all Japan contest for Master Teachers class in Shin Tozan Ryu Shakuhachi.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA, 2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: