The Power of Tasks: Making Learners Talk
Date: Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Colin Thompson
Colin Thompson from Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University will discuss the role of tasks in promoting learner motivation. He will show how a task-based approach to learning was introduced into a university EFL program, and demonstrate a task designed to develop students' communication skills, while focusing on target language.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F, Dejima-machi 2-11, Nagasaki
Location: Nagasaki City, Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: