Evaluation that Teaches! How Evaluation Can Actually Enhance Learning
Date: Saturday, September 17th, 2011 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Mike Guest
Teachers often treat evaluation merely as a way of measuring student ability. But this approach can turn assessment into a process of jumping through hoops for students and forces teachers to spend less time actually teaching. In this workshop/discussion, Mike Guest will offer both practical and theoretical examples in which evaluation can actually enhance the learning process--and thereby help both teachers and students escape traditional testing drudgery.
Mike Guest is Associate Professor at the University of Miyazaki and Columnist for ELT News and The Daily Yomiuri.
Teachers of all ages and situations are welcome! Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the meeting! It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community!
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership is free at the door)
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin University, Community Center (East Campus), 6-2-92 Nishijin, Sawara Ward, Fukuoka City. Subway: Nishijin Station, Exit 1 map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: