English Teaching Workshop:
English Teaching Workshop
Date: Sunday, September 25th, 2011 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Facilitator: Yuco Kikuchi
Theme 1: Songs and Chants for pre-teens
The first half part of the workshop will focus on how to use songs and chants in pre-teen classes. Songs and chants are very effective in language learning. Yet 5th and 6th graders don't seem to enjoy singing as much as younger children do. In this workshop, participants will discuss songs and chants, and brainstorm how to raise phonemic awareness and improve their listening skills. Carefully designed procedures will gradually lead pre-teens to sing, chant or recite.
Theme 2: CLIL Workshop, Our Body
The second half part of the workshop will be CLIL (Contents and Language Integrated Learning) workshop. The topic of the month is Our Body. Participants will discuss how to develop this theme in their classes and share various activities and worksheets for different age groups. Useful teacher's resource books, picture books, CDs and student books on both themes 1 and 2 will be displayed during the workshop.
For pre-registration contact Yuco Kikuchi: yuco@onlineworkshop Phone: 043-251-0027, Fax: 043-251-0053
Organization: English Teaching Workshop
Cost: English Teaching Workshop Members: 2,000 yen for members of English Teaching Workshop who pre-register
Non-members: 2,500 yen for non-members, and on-site registration
Venue: Shin-koiwa Chiku Center, 2-17-1 Shin-koiwa, Katushika-ku
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact English Teaching Workshop
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 043-251-0027