Teaching Language and Teaching Gender in the EFL Classroom
Date: Sunday, October 30th, 2011 Time: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Speaker: Todd Squires, Gerry Yokota
Kyoto JALT and GALE (Gender Awareness in Language Education) SIG are collaborating once again by holding a joint event on Sunday 30 October, 2011 from 10:00 am at the Campus Plaza Kyoto. This event will be an opportunity to share your research as well as exchange ideas on gender and non-gender related classroom activities.
- 10:20 - 11:00
Todd Squires (Kinki University)
The Masculine Structure of Desire: Power and English acquisition in a pre-departure EAP program
- 11:10 - 11:40
Gerry Yokota (Osaka University)
How can movies be used in the EFL and/or Gender Studies classroom most effectively to enhance critical thinking and language skills?
For full details, please see the Kyoto JALT website.
Organization: Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kyoto JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Campus Plaza, Kyoto (near JR Kyoto Station) map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyoto JALT
Email QR Code: