Using Conflict Resolution Techniques for Language Learning
Date: Sunday, September 4th, 2011 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Chris Stillwell
A language course that incorporates conflict resolution techniques can promote an alternative view of conflict as a potential opportunity for enhanced communication and understanding, with material that may have great power to stimulate interest and engage higher order thinking as learners and teachers use language not for its own sake but rather to communicate, negotiate, and mediate. Discussion will include procedures for the analysis of which language structures are appropriate in which contexts and methods for helping students learn to conduct mediations for themselves. In addition, we will discuss ways that mediation techniques can serve equally well when applied to the management of the classroom, including effective ways of beginning well, asking questions, and responding.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: please see here for details
Venue: Kyoai Gakuen College
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: