Bringing Pragmatics to the Classroom
Date: Saturday, September 24th, 2011 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Jim Ronald (Hiroshima Shudo University)
Pragmatics is a key part of everything we say and write, and how we respond... EXCEPT, too often, in our language classrooms! After considering reasons for this, participants will try out, or devise, activities for increasing real, pragmatics-oriented communication in the classroom.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: please see here for details
Venue: Aster Plaza's International Youth House (3 blocks south of Peace Park)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: