Ethical ELT & Popular Songs, Active Neurons, and High-frequency Vocabulary
Date: Sunday, October 16th, 2011 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Maggie Lieb, Meiji University
Popular Songs, Active Neurons, and High-frequency VocabularyThe second session will explore the use of popular songs to teach high-frequency vocabulary. Citing evidence from neuroscience of the ability of music to stimulate the brain, the presenter will discuss advantages and pedagogical implementation.
Organization: Himeji Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Himeji JALT)
Cost: please see here for details
Venue: Himeji Dokkyo University, West Building, 3rd Floor
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Himeji JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0792-92-8808