East Shikoku JALT:
CALL in the CLOUD: A Corpus-based pre-EAP Writing Course to Enliven your Classroom
Date: Saturday, October 22nd, 2011 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:15 PM
Speaker: Trudie Heiman
Discover how your classroom can be enliven by using fully interactive online course materials designed to get false beginners / pre-EAP level to write a lot and to write meaningfully. The Song Of Myself (4th edition) digital edition is designed to give the teacher a meaningful role in the CALL classroom environment while providing a robust LMS (LearningManagement System) to collect scores, assignments and messages inside the web site. This text book has been used very successfully in several universities in print editions in Japan is presented now fully digitalized. It features a Corpus-based Approach to language learning with task- based activities. Great for iPads or notebooks or desktops.
Organization: East Shikoku Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (East Shikoku JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Room 411 Education Campus, Kagawa University, Saiwai-cho 1-1, Takamatsu.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact East Shikoku JALT
Email QR Code: