University Accreditation in Japan: Problems and Possibilities for EFL Reform
Date: Sunday, October 23rd, 2011 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Bern Mulvey
As of 2004, all universities in Japan must submit to an external accreditation evaluation, to be repeated every seven years. The universities are to receive detailed written assessments in multiple categories from one of the four official accrediting agencies. These assessments are to be publicized. The universities also receive grades: pass, probation, and fail.
Dr. Bern Mulvey has published books, articles, poems and essays in English and Japanese, including recent work in Japan Studies Review, Field, Agni, Beloit Poetry Journal, Poetry East and The Language Teacher, with another article forthcoming this fall in Higher Education Policy. For three years, he was Dean of Faculty at Miyazaki International College, at the time the youngest dean in Japan and one of just three non Japanese to hold this rank at a Japanese university. He is currently an associate professor at Iwate National University.
Organization: Iwate-Aomori Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate-Aomori JALT)
Cost: please see here for details
Venue: Aiina, Morioka, 6th Floor, Room 602
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate-Aomori JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: