Discourse Frames and Materials Development: What is the connection?
Date: Saturday, December 10th, 2011 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Mike Guest
From teaching basic self-introductions to professional interactions within specialized domains, setting up frames for discourse enables better learner comprehension, deeper internalization, and greater transferability of both language form and skills. This presentation/workshop is designed to help teachers use discourse frames to become more conscious of locating the language they want students to learn. Participants will have the opportunity to design discourse frames suited to their own teaching situations.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: please see here for details
Venue: Okayama University, General Education Building, Room C32
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: