Toward a Deeper Understanding of Culture
Date: Sunday, October 23rd, 2011 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Rene Sawazaki
The presenter will introduce her unique model for teaching cultural understanding, the Culture Tree, and demonstrate how this model can serve as a guide for student deduction of cultural traits when analyzing stories. Teacher-created worksheets will be distributed and participants will have the opportunity to analyze a short folktale in small groups. The presenter originally developed this model for a university course on cross-cultural understanding and later incorporated the teaching of this model along with the use of folktales in her EFL classes.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: please see here for details
Venue: Maebashi Institute of Technology (Maebashi Koka Daigaku)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: