Workshop on Classroom Management: Behavior
Date: Saturday, November 5th, 2011 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: ETJ Fukuoka Committee
Dealing with bad behavior in the classroom: Why does it happen and what can we do? From daydreaming to playing with cell phones to idle chat to disruptive acts, we'll analyze reasons for why students behave the way they do and discuss a variety of ways in which teachers might deal with behavioral issues and have more productive and enjoyable classes. Committee members will lead small-group discussions, then we'll share the results. Possible discussion points include:
- Understanding the behavior
- It depends on your teaching approach
- How lesson plans affect behavior
- In-class strategies: engagement and the game of English
- Adjusting the environment
- A look across different ages and levels
- Involving parents or assistants
- A look in the mirror
Teachers of all ages and situations are welcome! Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the meeting! It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community!
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin University, Community Center (East Campus), Subway: Nishijin Station, Exit 1 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: