Instant Messenger Cooperative Development: Journeys of Discovery
Date: Saturday, November 12th, 2011 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Andrew Boon
When conducting research, it may be easy to take a wrong turn and be uncertain of how best to proceed with our individual projects. And yet, if provided with opportunities to articulate our jumbled thoughts in a supportive and non-judgmental environment to a fellow peer who is willing to listen and understand them, we may begin to see things more clearly, discover new perspectives on our research, and find a direction forward.
This presentation will describe how a number of participants have made use of IMCD, an online tool which utilizes the Skype text chat function and CD framework for professional development (Edge, 2002). It will describe the textual journeys these participants have made in IMCD sessions to reach a eureka moment which then helps them to decide on possible next steps. It will also provide the audience with the opportunity to try out IMCD for themselves.
We are pleased to welcome Andrew Boon, a featured speaker at the 2011 JALT International Conference, to Toyohashi as part of JALT's Four Corners Tour.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Aichi University, Toyohashi campus, building five, room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299