Dinner with Professor Emeritus Keith Johnson of Lancaster University, England
Date: Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 Time: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Professor Emeritus Keith Johnson
Keith Johnson, Emeritus Professor of Linguistics and Language Education, Lancaster University, UK, is an invited speaker at this year's JALT conference, sponsored by the TED and CUE SIGs. We are fortunate to be able to host him in Osaka for dinner on Wednesday evening, Nov 16. Please mark your calendar and RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you're interested in joining us.
Starting his career as a teacher of English and linguistics in Croatia, Malta and Italy, Keith moved to the Centre for Applied Language Studies at the University of Reading in 1974 and joined Lancaster University's Linguistics Department in 1994. His years of teaching on MA programs produced An Introduction to Foreign Language Learning and Teaching (2008). At Lancaster he founded the research group LATEX (LAnguage Teaching EXpertise); see Expertise in Second Language Learning and Teaching (2005). Other influential publications include the 1979 title The Communicative Approach to Language Teaching (co-editor C.J. Brumfit), 1981's Communication in the Classroom (co-editor K. Morrow), Communicative Syllabus Design and Methodology in 1982, and 2003's Designing Language Teaching Tasks. Currently, he is pursuing an interest in the language of Shakespeare, as well as developing his interest in expertise.
Oven Oven is a cozy little place in a classic, early twentieth century building in the heart of Umeda's modern skyscrapers, located just around the corner from the Outback Grill by exit 10 of Nishi-Umeda station, and very close to JR Osaka station as well. Individual dishes are 500 to 1000 yen, dinner courses are 1370 to 3150 yen, and drinks cost 300 to 600 yen. If you have any trouble finding the place, please give us a call at 080-3789-6394.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: Dinner will cost about 1500 - 4000 yen, depending on what you order
Venue: Oven Oven Italian Restaurant map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: