Expert Teachers: What Are They Like And What Do They Do?
Date: Saturday, November 12th, 2011 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Keith Johnson (Lancaster University, UK)
What characteristics do expert language teachers have? What do they do in the classroom that distinguishes them for novices? This presentation will invite participants to think about such questions. We will briefly consider expertise in general, and will then concentrate on language teaching expertise. It will be suggested that looking at the behaviour of expert teachers will help us train teachers better, and even to become better teachers ourselves.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Okayama University, General Education Building Room D33
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: