Adapting Board Games for Language Practice: A Workshop
Date: Saturday, January 14th, 2012 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Margaret Orleans (Seinan Jo Gakuin University)
Games, with their rules and repetitiveness, provide the perfect scaffolding for language practice. In addition, learners get to be creative and take chances in an emotional environment; in other words, they have the opportunity to make the target language their own. Participants in this workshop will explore half a dozen commercial board games for their potential use in their own classrooms.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, 3rd Floor, Kokura (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: