(1) Electronic dictionaries during communication activities; (2) Elementary School English
Date: Saturday, January 21st, 2012 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Jason Williams (Notre Dame Seishin University); (2) Eri Mizuno and Aya Morisawa
We have two presentations on the day.
Student use of electronic dictionaries (EDs) during oral communication activities
This presentation will look at results of an investigation in which university students kept track of how often and for what purposes they consulted bi-lingual EDs during in-class speaking activities.
Reflections on Elementary School English
Eri Mizuno and Aya Morisawa
Eri is a home room teacher in a school which has made its own original curriculum and textbook. She will describe the positive and negative points of this system through her observation of the children's reactions. Aya will describe her first year as a teacher and focus on the issue of National Testing for teachers.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University, Okayama (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: