Date: Saturday, February 18th, 2012 Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Peter Ross
Psychodrama is a therapeutic technique conceived and developed by Jacob L. Moreno, MD. Using experiential guided drama techniques, psychodrama provides a safe, supportive environment in which participants can practice new roles, language and behaviors, thus facilitating insight, personal growth, and integration.
There is no single, rigid pattern to the psychodrama process. However, the cycle can be divided roughly into three phases. The first involves warming up, selecting protagonists and antagonists and setting the scene. The second phase consists of an inprovisational roleplay. In the third phase, the participants reflect on their work, and relate it to their own, everyday lives.
This workshop will demonstrate applications of the psychodrama cycle to the language classroom, incorporating the Japanese concepts of tatemae and honne.
Sponsored by the JALT West-Tokyo Chapter.
Organization: Hamamatsu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hamamatsu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Za Za city 5th floor Palette
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hamamatsu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 053-460-7956
Mobile phone: 090-9891-4844