IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG:
Cool Activities with Interactive Whiteboards
Date: Sunday, January 15th, 2012 Time: 11:59 PM - 1:00 AM
Speaker: Barbara Gardner
This is an online seminar being held Sunday, 15 January 2012, 15:00 London time, which is 12 AM on Monday in Japan. The event takes place in the IATEFL online conference room, click here for details on how to connect.
In this webinar we'll look at a few tips and tricks for new interactive whiteboard (IWB) users. We'll look at some ideas for using text, images (including sources), animation and IWB tools such as the screenshade and themes. The session will be interactive, we'll brainstorm ideas for using the tools and record the ideas we come up with. You will be able to access the webinar afterwards and revisit all the ideas we collect. Throughout the session you'll be able to see real examples from real teachers in the UK. The session would be suitable for teachers using any type of whiteboard. All of the my examples are from Smart Boards as we use them in our schools. There will also be opportunities to ask questions and some recommended useful links.
Learning Technologies Training Coordinator Study Group UK, training Study Group trainers and teachers to use technology for learning in class and at home; IWBs, Moodle, electronic voting systems, specialised software, eportfolios. Barbara Gardner worked as an English language teacher and trainer before moving into learning technology training. Twitter: @BarbaraPG.
IATEFL LT SIG webinars are recorded, and if you are a Learning Technologies SIG member, you have access to the recordings.
Organization: The International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language, Learning Technologies Special Interest Group (IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG)
Cost: IATEFL Members: free
Non-members: free; open to non-LT SIG members
Venue: IATEFL Online conference room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG
Email QR Code: