IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG:
Webinar: Implementing Information and Communications Technology in an Institution
Date: Sunday, February 19th, 2012 Time: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Lauren Brumfield
This is an online seminar being held Sunday, 19 February 2012, 11:00 AM Barcelona time, which is 7:00 PM (same day) in Japan. The event takes place in the IATEFL online conference room, click here for details on how to connect.
There is wide acceptance of the significance of learning technologies in language teaching, but what exactly is required of managers in the support, training and development of teachers in this area? In this webinar, we will identify key steps in helping teachers to become confident users of learning technologies. We will also look at some potential difficulties and constraints which can arise with this type of project as well as some possible solutions.
Lauren has worked in English language teaching and management for 12 years, in Germany, Ireland and Australia. She has worked in various sectors of the industry, including on refugee programs, in Business English corporate training and in private English language colleges. She has worked for Kaplan International College Sydney since 2004 as Head Teacher, Assistant Director of Studies and Director of Studies. Lauren holds the Cambridge DELTA, Trinity Certificate ICT and is currently studying a Masters of Arts in E-Learning at the University of Technology Sydney.
IATEFL LT SIG webinars are recorded, and if you are a Learning Technologies SIG member, you have access to the recordings.
Organization: The International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language, Learning Technologies Special Interest Group (IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG)
Cost: IATEFL Members: free
Non-members: free; open to non-LT SIG members
Venue: IATEFL Online conference room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG
Email QR Code: