Five strategies for effective vocabulary learning and teaching
Date: Sunday, January 8th, 2012 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Samuel Barclay of Ehime University
Despite our best efforts, many students of EFL still think of vocabulary study as a tedious battle against an unbeatable enemy. This workshop will introduce a range of strategies and activities to ease the burden of learning target vocabulary, increase the effectiveness of vocabulary exercises, and foster skills that will serve students long after their language course has finished.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211