Insights into Reading Fluency in the EFL Classroom
Date: Sunday, January 22nd, 2012 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Adam Murray
Following Paul Nationís research on extensive reading and speed reading for the development of reading fluency and accuracy, this presentation will demonstrate its application in the EFL classroom through an exploratory study focusing on first year university students in Japan. This presentation will give an update on current research in the field of L2 reading fluency, provide an opportunity to practice speed-reading, and allow for reflection on the application of and possible research into speed-reading in the classroom. Participants will come away from this presentation equipped to implement speed-reading with their own secondary or tertiary level EFL students.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Aichi University's Toyohashi campus, building five, room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: