IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG:
Integrating Collaborative Projects with ICTs
Date: Sunday, March 25th, 2012 Time: 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Speaker: Shelly Terrell
This is an online seminar being held Sunday, 25 March 2012, 14:00 GM Time, which is 11 PM on the same day in Japan. The event takes place in the IATEFL online conference room; click here for details on how to connect.
Educators have realized the impact of hands-on learning for engaging and motivating learners. When students learn through projects they are able to integrate research. Various ICTs (information and communication technologies) have several features that motivate learners to create stories, videos, mindmaps, and more to share with their families and peers. As an educator, discover lesson ideas to implement in the classroom and ways to evaluate and manage collaborative projects.
Shelly Sanchez Terrell is an education activist, teacher trainer, and international speaker. She is the Social Media Community Manager for The Consultants-E and the co-creator of various internationally acclaimed educational projects. Visit her blog, Teacher Reboot Camp. In 2012 find her book, The 30 Goals Challenge for Educators. Twitter: @ShellTerrell.
IATEFL LT SIG webinars are recorded, and if you are a Learning Technologies SIG member, you have access to the recordings.
Organization: The International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language, Learning Technologies Special Interest Group (IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG)
Cost: IATEFL Members: free
Non-members: free; open to non-LT SIG members
Venue: IATEFL Online conference room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG
Email QR Code: