Helping our students become multicompetent academic writers
Date: Saturday, October 6th, 2012 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Carol Rinnert (Hiroshima City University)
This presentation examines the development of English and Japanese academic writing ability among Japanese EFL writers. The presenter will share results of a long-term, multi-stage research project involving participants at various levels of language and writing proficiency, ranging from high school to post-graduate writers in L1 and L2, most recently adding L3 (Chinese, French or Spanish). Pedagogical implications will be drawn regarding ways to help students become better academic writers across languages.
Carol Rinnert is a Professor in the Faculty of International Studies, Hiroshima City University.
Venue Note: Please note that this event will be held at the Wel-Tobata, not our regular venue.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Wel-Tobata, Tobata, Kita Kyushu (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: