Issues Relating to Independently-Run English Language Schools
Date: Saturday, June 9th, 2012 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Gareth Steele, Mike Mackay and Mark Gibson
This presentation will deal with the establishment and management of independent language schools. Topics that will be dealt with include:
- The process of establishing a school, renting of new premises, purchasing of teaching equipment, financing and brand development;
- Sales and marketing, different methods of student recruitment, web pages, flyers and advertisements;
- Development of school brand and teaching methods;
- Employment of secretarial and teaching staff;
- School expansion and related issues;
- General problems
Gareth Steele, Mike Mackay and Mark Gibson are long term residents of the Kitakyushu area. They have been running their own independent language schools within the Kitakyushu area for the last 5 to 8 years.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: International Conference Center, 3F, Kokura (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: