ER in the Classroom and Beyond: Practical Applications from Research
Date: Saturday, January 28th, 2012 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Greg Rouault (Konan University, Hirao School of Management); John Eidswick (Konan University)
This presentation will look at extensive reading (ER) under two themes: a) ER-related classroom activities and b) ER and autonomy. The presenters will use highlights from their research findings into Reading Circles and peer evaluations as well as 'interest' and 'choice' to outline various practical implications. In reflective group discussions, participants will consider (1) how they might creatively adapt these ideas to fit their context, and (2) what research opportunities might emerge from the themes of the presentation. Time will also be provided for Q&A to link theory with practice and connect research with teaching and learning.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: