Content-Based Language Learning
Date: Sunday, January 15th, 2012 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Mike Guest
Could it be that many Japanese learners of English remain in perpetual false beginner or intermediate mode because they are not focusing upon content? This presentation/workshop will demonstrate how a focus upon content-based learning allows learners not only to engage cognition more deeply, which serves as a motivational tool, but also better allows for the internalization of English forms and structures.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kannai Hall, Yokohama (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: