Japanese/American Spoken Sign Language
Date: Sunday, January 15th, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Martin Paul
Martin Paul will briefly explain code-switching and code-blending, using Spoken Japanese / Japanese Sign Language (JSL) and Spoken English / American Sign Language (ASL). Communication between hearing and deaf people will be discussed, while touching on some aspects of Deaf Culture. Martin will also demonstrate classroom applications of the above, using greetings, apologies, numbers, puzzles, and songs in order to show that the addition of a sign language component in any activity can add a little excitement to the exercise.
Organization: ETJ Saitama (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Saitama)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: English Time (Kita-Yono school), 2-5-28-2B Kamiochiai Chuo-ku, Saitama-shi map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Saitama
Email QR Code: