Current Status in English Classes at Elementary Schools
Date: Sunday, January 22nd, 2012 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Satomi Miura
In this presentation (小学校英語活動の現状), the speaker will give a demonstration of the most effective type of class first. Then the speaker will introduce some classes (lessons) at elementary schools, showing which are the most effective lessons and the least effective ones. She will also discuss team-teaching, how the homeroom teachers act in the classes, how they feel about the English classes and how any problems in the class are dealt with.
Satomi Miura has been teaching English at some public elementary schools in Morioka since 1999. She lived in Canada from 2005 to 2006, studying English, psychology, and counseling for international students at Camosun College in Victoria, BC. She opened a private English school called IE TreeHouse and is now a representative of Sunshine, a volunteer support group for elementary school English classes.
Organization: Iwate-Aomori Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate-Aomori JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen; 500 yen for full-time students
Venue: Aiina, Morioka, 6th Floor, Room 602 map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate-Aomori JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: