Power Seminars EFL Event
Date: Sunday, February 26th, 2012 Time: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Donald Kinney (Kinney Brothers Publishing), Peter Warner (A-Go Man (Phonics) Products)
Don Kinney's morning workshop is entitled "Permission to Speak: Decentralizing the classroom and creating student-centered learning activities". He will be introducing an educational approach that can be applied in classrooms for young learners to help them become more effective and more independent learners. If you teach young children in an eikaiwa or public school setting, or are just interested in effective teaching practices, this will be a good workshop to attend.
Peter Warner's afternoon workshop will explore issues like learning styles, self-esteem, dyslexia, and constructivism, which are some of the popular buzzwords in EFL these days. His talk and conclusions will generate discussion on these important teaching topics. This will be an interesting presentation and the conclusions that are drawn may even surprise you.
Organization: Power Seminars
Cost: 5,000 yen (register with a friend: 4,000 yen per attendee)
Venue: Winc Aichi, 3 minutes from Nagoya Station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Power Seminars
Email QR Code: