Using iPads and iPhones in the Classroom
Date: Sunday, February 26th, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Daniel Beck
Mobile devices such as iPads and iPhones have become very popular with teachers and students. Combined with Apple’s AppleTV, instructors can mirror the screens on their iPads with screens or TV monitors in the classroom to demonstrate examples and use reference apps websites with learners. Instructors can also use the built in cameras of the iPad 2 and iPhone to show best practices of students instantly. This workshop will demonstrate the above examples and explore other uses for these popular devices in the classroom. Participants will be encouraged to ask questions and share examples.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Institute of Technology (MIT), Kamisadorimachi 460-1
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: