Activities and Songs for All of Your Children's Classes! Bridging the Gap Between the English Language Classroom and the Real World
Date: Sunday, February 24th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Katherine MacKay and Paul Rosengrave, Longman ELT
In this practical workshop with Katherine MacKay, Longman ELT Consultant for Children's Materials, Pearson Education Japan, we look at the different types of learning styles of children and developmentally appropriate practice for younger learners. After that, Paul Rosengrave of Pearson Education Japan introduces how we can make teenage and young-adult classes feel real and relevant to the students through the use of content-rich, high-interest, task-based activities.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free (commercially-sponsored event)
Venue: Kotsu Sangyou Building 4F, Nagasaki Bus Terminal Building, Volunteer Support Centre (#1 or #3 streetcars to Nagasakiekimae stop; across from Amu Plaza)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: