Preparing Students for Speech Contests
Date: Sunday, February 26th, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Justin Hunt (Nagasaki Commercial High School)
Preparing students for speech contests, and judging them, are part of many language teachers' jobs in Japan. In this workshop Justin Hunt will talk about the system that he uses to prepare his high school students. He will cover methods to help students write speeches, memorization techniques, and how to teach the basic principles of good public speaking.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (students free)
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F 2-11 Dejima-machi, Nagasaki-city, Nagasaki Prefecture 850-0862
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: