Date: Saturday, March 3rd, 2012 Time: 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Speaker: Scott Thornbury, Steven Herder, and Barbara Hoskins Sakamoto
In addition to their free, open-to-all, quarterly webinars, iTDi will also be offering monthly in-house webinars for teachers who've enrolled in one of their courses and want to interact further with mentors and others in the iTDi community. These monthly online sessions are designed to focus on one topic and allow teachers to go deeper in sharing experiences, exploring ideas and defining teacher beliefs. This session on "Error Correction" features iTDi directors Scott Thornbury, Steven Herder, and Barbara Hoskins Sakamoto. The webinar is free, but requires registration. Seating is limited.
Part 1: 10-minute talks
- Why correct ESL errors in an EFL class?
- Does error correction really work?
- Embrace mistakes!
Barbara Hoskins Sakamoto
Part 2: Panel discussion
Webinar participants are invited to ask questions and share comments in a wide-ranging, free-flowing discussion about error correction for various contexts and among different levels of language learners.
Organization: International Teacher Development Institute (iTDi)
Cost: free; requires registration
Venue: Online webinar
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code: