GLoCALL 2012: The Globalization and Localization in Computer-Assisted Language Learning Conference (day 1 of 3)
Date: Thursday, October 18th, 2012 Time: Time TBA
Speaker: Plenary speakers: Mark Warschauer, Francoise Blin, Peter Gobel. Call for papers due April 16
The Globalization and Localization in Computer-Assisted Language Learning (GLoCALL) Conference aims to share knowledge, research and experience on how to use computer technology to make language learning more effective and pleasant; to explore how the technology can be adapted to better meet the local needs of students and teachers, while at the same time providing global perspectives on computer-assisted language learning (CALL); and to bring the technology within the reach of local teachers who wish to develop their professionalism in CALL. GLoCALL is jointly sponsored by APACALL and PacCALL.
The GLoCALL 2012 Conference & 2012 International Symposium on CALL will be held October 18-20, 2012 at Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing, China. The deadline for submitting a proposal is April 16.
Today (October 18) includes pre-conference workshops
- 8:40 - 9:40 Digital storytelling tools for educators (by Dr Peter Gobel)
- 9:50 - 10:50 Applying to Master's or Doctoral programs in CALL and related fields (by Dr Mark Warschauer)
- 11:00 - 12:00 Getting published: What do CALL journals reviewers/editors look for? (by Dr Francoise Blin)
Please see the GLoCALL website for full details.
Organization: Globalization and Localization in Computer-Assisted Language Learning (GLoCALL Conference)
Venue: Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing, China
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact GLoCALL Conference
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: