(1) It's in the Cards; (2) Getting More Out Of New Finding Out
Date: Sunday, March 25th, 2012 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: David Lisgo (both presentations)
It's in the Cards
Using card games and activities in the classroom greatly enhances the enjoyment of students, and gives them the opportunity to deepen and expand their knowledge of vocabulary and structures in a natural setting. David will demonstrate different methods of using cards, and introduce a number of unique card games.
Getting More Out of New Finding Out
New Finding Out remains a revolutionary language course, which needs a different teaching approach from most others. David will show you how to prepare students for the course, and ways to expand upon and adapt to your own situation many of the games, songs and language targets found in the course.
David Lisgo has been using Finding Out for 15 years. He has been a school owner for 25 years. David is the creator of Blending a Hand materials, Switchit, Read! Spell! Do! and more.
Organization: ETJ Miyazaki (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Miyazaki)
Venue: Miyazaki Shimin Plazza 3F (the building next to the City Office)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Miyazaki
Email QR Code: