Present Communities of Imagination (PCOIz)
Date: Saturday, March 3rd, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Tim Murphy
Using group dynamics as an umbrella term for overlapping literatures on community, cooperative, and collaborative practices, Tim Murphy will introduce the concept of PCOIz, which might help teachers to better conceptualize their classes and the time-frame influences on their students. Mr Murphy will also present several mixed method studies done in Japan which indicate that PCOIz, when well developed, can nurture the aspirations, resilience, learning strategies, beliefs, motivations, and possible selves of its members through critical dialogue and collaboration.
Organization: Okinawa Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okinawa JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Research room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okinawa JALT
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 098-895-8448
Mobile phone: 098-895-8304